Losing weight is one of the most desired goals of thousands of people around the world. To achieve rapid weight loss in a short time, we often opt for fad diets but they fail to sustain results in the long run. Here, we’ll discuss how much weight can you lose in 2 months in a healthy way. It will help you design your fat loss target.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a safe amount of weight to lose is 1-2 pounds per week. That means, you can lose up to 8-16 pounds in 2 months safely and gradually.
It is important to consult with a doctor or nutritionist. They will help you set a realistic and healthy weight loss goal. Remember, fad diets and crash diets might promise quick results but they are often not sustainable in the long term. So, it is always best to opt for a healthy and gradual weight loss plan.
Table of Content
- How Much Weight Can You Really Lose In Two Months?
- Tips to Lose Weight Fast in 2 Months
- Foods to Lose Weight Fast in Two Months
- Final Words
How Much Weight Can You Really Lose In Two Months?
You can lose up to 8-16 pounds in two months depending on your initial weight, diet plans and lifestyle changes. To achieve this 2 months weight loss goal, you need to focus on healthy eating and regular physical activity.
It may sound achievable from the figures but losing 7+ Kgs in 8 weeks is a difficult target. It will require a designed plan, commitment for weight loss and dedication to reach the target. Do not worry – we got your back, here we’ll discuss some proven strategies to lose weight in two months.
Tips to Lose Weight Fast in 2 Months
To lose 16 pounds weight in 2 months, you need to focus on healthy eating and regular physical activity. Follow these tips to boost up the two months weight loss process:
1. Avoid Simple Carbs and Eat More Protein
Simple carbs are those which are quickly absorbed by the body and turned into sugar and fat. These include white bread, pastries, cakes, candy, etc. Instead of these unhealthy simple carbs, you should focus on eating vegetables and fruits containing complex carbs.
Plus, it is proven that eating more protein enhances fat loss. Protein keeps you feeling fuller for longer, reduces hunger, and also helps to build muscle mass, which in turn helps to burn more calories. We advise eating more protein-rich foods such as lean meats, eggs, nuts, and seeds.
2. Drink Plenty of Water
Water is essential for many bodily functions and it also aids in weight loss. When you drink more water, you naturally flush out toxins and excess water weight from your body.
We advise drinking at least 2 liters of water per day, even more if you can. You could also try adding some lemon, cucumber slices, and mint leaves to your water for added flavor and enhance metabolism.
3. Make Exercise a Habit
Exercise is crucial if you want to lose weight and keep it off. While it is important to exercise regularly, it is also essential that you find an activity that you enjoy and can stick to in the long term.
We recommend doing a combination of cardio and strength training, such as running, swimming, or cycling. You could also try joining a local sports team or taking up a new hobby that involves physical activity, such as hiking or dancing.
Do not just rely on cardio exercises, also perform strength training 3 to 4 days a week. This can include weighted workouts or with stretch bands. Deadlifts, overhead press, weighted squats, weighted lunges, and clean and press not only help with weight loss but also shape the body.
4. Avoid Fad Diets
Fad diets are usually based on eating very specific foods or severely restricting your calorie intake. These diets are often ineffective and can even be dangerous.
Instead of following a fad diet, we recommend focusing on eating healthy, whole foods and ensuring you’re getting enough protein, fiber, and essential nutrients.
5. Create a Moderate Calorie Deficit
In order to lose 16 pounds weight in 8 weeks, you need to create a calorie deficit according to your current weight and body type. This means you’re eating fewer calories than your body needs.
For an obese person weighing 180 lbs. we recommend creating a moderate calorie deficit of around 500-750 calories per day along with intense exercise to reduce 16 lbs. in 60 days. This can be achieved by reducing your calorie intake or increasing your physical activity (or ideally, doing both).
6. Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is often overlooked but it’s crucial for both our physical and mental health. When we don’t get enough sleep, our hormones become imbalanced which can lead to increased hunger and cravings – resulting in overeating and weight gain.
Doctors advise sleeping for 7-8 hours per night for keeping good health and weight loss.
7. Practice Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of fasting and eating. There are many different ways to do intermittent fasting, but the most common is the 16/8 method. This involves fasting for 16 hours and eating only during an 8-hour window.
Intermittent fasting has been shown to boost metabolism, reduce inflammation, and promote weight loss. It has been proven to lose weight steadily and sustain it in long run. Intermittent fasting also promotes intuitive eating that helps with controlling overeating.
8. Avoid Unhealthy Foods and Drinks
Unhealthy foods and drinks are high in calories and simple carbs which can lead to weight gain. These include sugary drinks, fried foods, processed meats, and snacks such as chips and cookies.
We recommend avoiding these foods and instead focusing on eating healthy, whole foods such as salads, and raw or boiled veggies.
Foods to Lose Weight Fast in Two Months
What to Eat:
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits: Vegetables and fruits are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which are essential for good health. They also contain complex carbs which are slow-digesting and provide sustained energy throughout the day.
- Eat lean protein: Protein is essential for building muscle mass and aiding in fat loss. Lean protein sources include chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, tofu, and legumes.
- Drink plenty of water: Water is essential for detoxifying the body and maintaining healthy hydration levels. It also helps to suppress hunger and cravings.
- Include healthy fats in your diet: Healthy fats are important for maintaining energy levels, cognitive function, and preventing weight gain. Good sources of healthy fats include nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil, and coconut oil.
Read a detailed guide on the best way to lose weight fast.
What Not to Eat:
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are high in unhealthy fats, sugar, salt, and chemicals which can lead to weight gain and health problems.
- Avoid sugary drinks: Sugary drinks such as sodas, fruit juices, sports drinks, etc., are loaded with empty calories which can lead to weight gain.
- Avoid fried foods: Fried foods are high in unhealthy fats and calories which can lead to weight gain.
- Avoid snacks such as chips and cookies: Snacks such as chips and cookies are high in unhealthy fats and simple carbs which can lead to weight gain.
Now you know that you can lose up to 16 lbs. weight in 2 months. This target is difficult to achieve as it requires some strict changes in diet and lifestyle that everybody finds hard to follow. However, we have explained some tips to lose weight in 8 weeks, these strategies are proven, effective and safe.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
Is it possible to lose 20 lbs in 2 months?
Yes, it is possible to lose 20 lbs in 2 months but it is not recommended as it can lead to health problems. There can be some adverse effects of losing weight too quickly, such as fatigue, dehydration, nutrient deficiencies, etc.
Can you lose 30 pounds in 2 months?
Yes, it is possible to lose 30 pounds in 2 months but it is not healthy and safe. You will face health issues such as fatigue, dehydration, nutrient deficiencies, etc. Plus, your body will not be able to lose all the fat and you will end up regaining the weight.