In this era of tech and fast service, we expect quick results in almost every situation. As weight loss and body shape have become the ultimate desire of most people, we wonder how much weight can you lose in a month to set goals.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on average, you can lose between 4 to 8 pounds in a month in a healthy way. The amount of weight you lose per month depends on your starting point and how much you are willing to change your lifestyle. Here, we’ll discuss some tips and strategies to reach your 1 month weight loss goal without affecting your health.
Also, read how much weight can you lose in 2 months and 3 months.
Table of Content
What Is The Average Healthy Weight Loss Per Month?
The answer to this question depends on your starting point. A heavier person can lose more weight at the beginning than a lighter person because they have more water to lose. And as you continue to lose weight, the amount of weight you lose per month will slow down.
On average, 1 to 2 pounds per week is a healthy weight loss per week. This means that a person who weighs 200 pounds could lose anywhere from 4 to 8 pounds in 30 days.
However, some dietitians claim that you can lose up to 10 pounds safely in a month if you make strict changes in your diet and lifestyle.
Read why it takes so long to lose weight.
Facts behind Losing 8 Pounds in a Month
When most people think about losing weight, they want to see results as quickly as possible. While it is possible to lose a significant amount of weight in a month, it is not healthy or sustainable. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that you lose no more than 2 pounds per week in order to ensure safe and healthy weight loss.
A study shows that people who lost more than 8 pounds in a month were more likely to gain the weight back, and were also at a higher risk for other health problems.
While it is possible to lose weight quickly, it is important to remember that sustainable and healthy weight loss takes time. Making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can help you see long-term results without putting your health at risk.
Here’s how you can lose more weight healthily by following a keto diet and intermittent fasting.
Tips on Losing 8 Pounds In a Month
There are a few key things you can do to help you lose 8 pounds in a month. These tips also help break the plateau;
1. Cut Back on Sodium: Sodium can cause you to retain water, which can make it difficult to lose weight. Try to cut back on processed foods and eat more whole foods instead. Also, read the nutrition guide on food labels to see how much sodium is in each serving.
2. Drink Plenty of Water: Water can help flush out toxins and excess water weight. Drink at least eight glasses of water per day, and more if you are active. Try adding lemon to your water for an added boost.
3. Eat More Protein: Protein helps to build and maintain muscle mass, which can help you burn more calories. Aim for at least 20 grams of protein per day, and include lean protein sources such as chicken, fish, and beans in your diet.
4. Moderate Calorie Deficit: You need to be in a moderate calorie deficit to lose weight. This means that you burn more calories than you consume. You can create a calorie deficit by eating fewer calories, burning more calories through exercise, or a combination of both.
5. Avoid Crash Diets: Crash diets are not sustainable and can be dangerous. They might be effective for a short span of time but studies have shown severe aftereffects – including Yo-Yo. Instead of crash dieting, make lifelong changes to your diet and lifestyle.
If you want to follow a strict diet to see fast results, we recommend leaning towards the keto diet for weight loss.
6. Avoid Processed Foods: Processed foods are high in sugar, unhealthy fats, and sodium. Instead, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains.
7. Exercise Regularly: Exercising regularly can help you burn calories and lose weight. Try to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day, five days per week.
8. Get Plenty of Sleep: Sleep is important for overall health and can also help with weight loss. Aim for seven to eight hours of sleep per night.
Read the tips on losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks – (it’s not healthy though)!
So, how much weight can you lose in a month depends on various factors. If you want to lose weight safely and in a healthy way, aim to lose no more than eight pounds per month. However, if you are motivated and determined to lose more weight quickly, there are ways to do so – but be aware that the risks associated with losing too much weight too quickly are high.
By making small changes to your diet and daily routine, you can gradually lose weight and keep it off for good – and for long!
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
Can you realistically lose 20 pounds in a month?
It is possible to lose 20 pounds in a month, but it is not realistic, not healthy, and most dietitians do not recommend such rapid weight loss. If you want to safely and healthily lose weight, aim to lose no more than two pounds per week.
Is it realistic to lose 10 pounds in a month?
Yes, it is realistic to lose 10 pounds in a month – but it will not be easy. You will need to make some significant changes to your diet and lifestyle, and be committed to following through with these changes in order to see results. Remember, sustainable and healthy weight loss takes time.
Can you lose 15 pounds in a month?
Yes, it is possible to lose 15 pounds in a month. However, this is not recommended for most people, as it can be difficult to maintain and puts your health at risk. If you are determined to lose this much weight, be sure to speak with your doctor first and make a plan for how you will safely and healthily achieve your goal.
How can I lose 5kg in 1 month?
You can lose 5kg weight in a month by following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Try to avoid fad diets or quick-fix solutions, as these are often ineffective and can lead to yo-yo dieting. Instead, focus on making small, sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle that you can stick to in the long term.
For example, instead of crash dieting, try making healthier choices each day, such as choosing lean protein and vegetables instead of processed snacks. Additionally, aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week. This can be anything from going for a run, biking, swimming, or taking an exercise class at your local gym. Remember, any amount of movement is better than none at all!