The apron of skin hanging down over the pubic area from the lower abdomen is the most stubborn fat to get rid of. And it is most common in females. If you are one of those who are struggling to make their private area look flat, here we’ll discuss the effective methods on how to lose a fupa in a month!
It’s true that we cannot target a specific area to burn fat, we lose fat overall from all over the body. And every weight loss plan works on the same principle – calorie deficit and regular exercise.
However, the good news – there are some exercises to target fat around the pubic and genital areas. I designed a workout plan to get rid of FUPA and tested it over my trainees by giving them 30 day challenge – the results were impressive!
Now, let’s dive into the details of what does a fupa look like and how to get rid of it fast without surgery.
Table of Content
- What Is A FUPA?
- How To Lose A FUPA In 30 Days?
- Some Surgical and Non-Surgical Ways To Get Rid Of A Fupa
- Fupa Before and After Without Surgery
- 30 Day Fupa Challenge – Workout Plan:
- Bottom Line
What Is A FUPA?
FUPA – “fat upper pubic area” or “fat upper private area”.
The term “FUPA” is medically known as “panniculus”, typically used to describe excess jiggly fatty tissue in the pubic region or above the panty line. While fupa can affect both men and women, it is more commonly seen in women.
Fupa can be caused by a variety of factors, including weight gain, pregnancy, abdominal surgery, genetics, and aging. Although fupa is not a health hazard, however, it can be a source of embarrassment and insecurity for many people.
What Does A FUPA Look Like?
The appearance of fupa can vary from person to person, but it is typically characterized by a small paunch or “pooch” in the lower abdomen. The deposit of subcutaneous fat in the pubic region can cause the area to appear larger and more protruding than usual.
In some cases, fupa may also be accompanied by loose skin and stretch marks.
Fortunately, there are a number of treatments that can help to reduce the appearance of fupa. These include diet and exercise, as well as cosmetic procedures such as liposuction.
With the right approach, it is possible to achieve significant results and regain confidence in one’s appearance.
People with a syndrome are most likely to have a fupa, if you are a victim, see how to lose weight with empty sella syndrome.
How To Lose A FUPA In 30 Days?
When it comes to losing weight in a specific area, such as the fupa, there are some general principles that can help slim down their lower belly fast.
First and foremost, one should create a calorie deficit by reducing overall intake and increasing the activity level. While there’s no need to go on a crash diet, cutting out processed foods and incorporating more whole foods will help give your body the nutrients it needs to function optimally. This will help to target stubborn fat stores and promote overall weight loss.
See what foods help you lose weight overnight.
Also, try performing compound exercises that work for multiple muscle groups at once, especially the lower abs, these will help to tone the area and build muscle to tighten the loose skin.
Best Exercises For Pubic Fat
If you are looking to get rid of a fupa, there are specific exercises that can target the fat around the pubic area and help tone the muscles.
Here are the best exercises to get rid of a fupa:
Crunches are a great way to target the abdominal muscles. We squeeze and stretch abs while performing crunches, resulting in making the muscle tissues tighter and more firm.
How to perform Crunches:
- Lay down on your back on the ground with your knees bent
- Put your hands behind your head and curl your shoulders up off the ground
- Raise your upper body towards the knees and squeeze your abs
- Hold for a count of one, then slowly lower back down.
- Repeat these steps!
3-4 sets of 10-15 reps.
If you are suffering from sciatica, DO NOT CRUNCH! Instead, here are the effective methods to lose belly fat without hurting your back.
2. Reverse Crunches
Reverse crunches are especially performed to target the lower abdominal muscles. And of course, when your lower ab muscles become stronger – you are likely to have less saggy and jiggly skin over your pubic area.
How to perform Reverse Crunches:
- Lie straight on your back with your knees flat on the ground
- Tuck your hands under your buttocks
- Now, squeeze your abs to curl your hips off the ground and pull your knees towards your chest, then slowly lower back down.
3-4 sets of 12-15 reps.
Last but not the least, burpees are famous for “king of burning” exercises. It is a full-body workout that involves a jump squat and knee inwards in one rep. It is considered to be the most effective body fat-burning exercise – especially from the belly. It increases heart rate, boosts metabolism to burn calories, and makes the muscles strong.
How to perform burpees correctly:
- Stand in a position with feet wide open at shoulder-width
- Lower your body just like you do in the squat
- Let your hands drop to the ground and kick your legs backward in the air, and land them on the ground just like plant position
- Now, perform a normal push-up
- Bring your feet back again where they were before pushing backward by pulling them with a force from the knees
- Jump in the air with arms straight up – hands above the head
- That counts 1 burpee – repeat the steps
3 sets of 10-12 reps
Celsius is proven to boost metabolism and burn more calories while workouts.
4. Hip Thrust or Hip Raise
The hip thrust is mostly performed for glutes and pelvic floor muscle strength, but they are also effective to reduce pubic fat too. It is recommended to do weighted hip thrust using a barbell with plates on both sides.
How to perform Hip Thrust:
- Sit on the floor with a flat bench behind you, feet planted on the ground – open slightly wider than shoulders width
- Place the barbell on top of your pubic area and the back of the shoulders on a flat bench
- Now, lift your hip up along with the weight and let your upper body lean backward a bit resting on the bench with shoulders support
- Your knees should be bent forming a 90-degree angle, and your body should be straight-lined with shoulders
- Pause for 2 seconds at this position, squeeze your glutes, then lower your hips slowly – repeat the process!
3 sets of 10-12 reps.
5. Pilates Scissors
If you want to hit oblique muscles, the Pilates scissor is a great exercise to tone the overall abdomen.
How to perform Pilates Scissors:
- Lie on your back on the ground with your legs in the air and your head and shoulders off the ground
- Hold one leg straight out in front of you while holding the other leg straight upwards
- Use your abs to slowly lower the straight leg towards the ground while simultaneously raising the other leg up towards the sky
- Hold for a count of two, then switch legs and repeat.
4 sets of 12-15 reps on each leg.
6. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches are highly effective to target both the rectus abdominus (the “six-pack” muscles) and the oblique muscles.
How to perform Bicycle Crunches:
- Lie on your back on the ground with your knees bent and your head and shoulders off the ground
- Place your hands behind your head
- Bring one knee in towards your chest while keeping the other leg straight out at a 90-degree angle
- Use your abs to twist your torso and bring your opposite elbow towards the bent knee
- Hold for a count of one, then switch sides and repeat
3-4 sets of 15 reps on each side.
7. Leg Raise
They may look similar to the reverse crunch, but technically, leg raises engage lower abs better. It is the best fupa exercise for beginners, easy to perform and hits the targeted area nicely.
How to perform Leg Raise:
- Lay flat on your back with legs straight placed on the ground, legs should be drawn together with toes facing the ceiling
- Tuck your hands under your hips
- Now, slowly raise your legs straight up to the sky and try squeezing your abs to make the exercise more challenging
- Focus on your lower abs while raising your legs, engage them to strengthen your pubic area
4 sets of 12-15 reps
8. Forearm Plank
You might have seen professional athletes finishing up their exercises with Planks. Planks are great to tone the abdominal muscles. They also ensure core endurance and boost strength.
How to perform Forearm Plank:
- Get into a pushup position with your hands on the ground and your feet shoulder-width apart
- Bend your elbows and lower yourself down so that your forearms are resting on the ground
- Hold this position for as long as you can
3 sets of as long as you can hold yourself in plant position!
Remember to keep the core tight and lift your weight up using the core, and do not let your waist bend downwards – otherwise, the weight will be shifted towards the back.
Follow These Tips While Performing Exercises:
- Remember to breathe – It’s important to keep breathing throughout each of these exercises in order to avoid holding your breath, which can lead to dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Don’t overdo it – Start slowly with minimum sets of each exercise and build up as you get stronger.
- Focus on quality – It’s better to do a few repetitions with good form than to do many repetitions with poor form.
- Check with your doctor – If you have any concerns about starting an exercise program, check with your doctor before beginning.
- Drink plenty of water – Staying hydrated is important for overall health and can also help to reduce the appearance of a fupa. Try drinking water sip by sip while exercising.
- Try wearing a compression garment – Wearing a compression garment while workouts such as a sauna suit, waist trainer or Spanx can help you burn more calories and fat around fupa. In addition, you can wear such compression garments as a girdle to hold in the stomach and reduce the appearance of a fupa.
- Have fun! – Finding an exercise routine that you enjoy will make it more likely that you’ll stick with it in the long run.
- Avoid processed and sugary foods – These types of foods can contribute to weight gain and may make the fupa more pronounced.
- Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can lead to weight gain and may make the fupa more noticeable.
Some Surgical and Non-Surgical Ways To Get Rid Of A Fupa
If you don’t want to go through surgery to get rid of your fupa, there are a number of other options available. These include:
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that uses cold temperatures to freeze and kill fat cells. The treated area will gradually reduce in size over the next few months as the body eliminates the dead fat cells.
Research has shown that even after following a diet plan and regular exercise, the fat around the genital area becomes impossible to lose. However, CoolSculpting could hit the fat on a specific area – such as the pubic area, to burn and eliminate it.
2. Radiofrequency Lipolysis
Radiofrequency lipolysis is a non-invasive procedure that uses heat to break down and destroy fat cells. This process targets a specific area to burn fatty tissues. The treated area will slowly reduce in size over the next few weeks or months, as the body releases the dead fat cells.
A popular surgery – and highly effective! Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes fat from the body using a suction device. It is typically reserved for larger areas of fat accumulation such as the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
Liposuction is also used to lose fat from a specific area – such as fupa or lower abdomen. Women with thick body background struggle to lose pubic fat, this surgery works like a charm for them!
4. Cosmetic surgery
If diet and exercise alone don’t provide the results you are looking for, you may want to consider cosmetic surgery. There are a number of different procedures that can be used to remove excess fat and skin from the area, including tummy tucks and liposuction. However, these procedures are typically more expensive and may require a longer recovery period.
Fupa Before and After Without Surgery
30 Day Fupa Challenge – Workout Plan:
If you specifically want to lose a fupa stomach, the following 30 days workout plan will definitely assist you to achieve flat pubic area.
Note: you should start with a warm-up session (10 minutes of cardio including jogging, jumping jacks, mountain climbing, knee raise, etc.) and finish with a cool-down of 5 minutes of light cardio and stretching.
Do the following circuit with resting for 60 seconds after each set:
|Exercise||Sets and Repetitions|
|Crunches||3 Sets of 10 Reps|
|Burpees||3 Sets of 8-10 Reps|
|Reverse Crunches||3 Sets of 10 Reps|
|Leg Raise||3 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Pilates Scissor Kicks||3 Sets of 10 Reps (Each Leg)|
|Bicycle Crunches||3 Sets of 12-15 Reps (Each Side)|
|Hanging Crunches||3 Sets of 8-10 Reps|
|Hip Thrusts (Without Weight)||3 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Planks||3 Sets of 40 Seconds|
Do the following circuit with resting for 40 seconds after each set:
|Exercise||Sets and Repetitions|
|Crunches||3 Sets of 12-15 Reps|
|Burpees||3 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Reverse Crunches||4 Sets of 15 Reps|
|Leg Raise||3 Sets of 12-15 Reps|
|Pilates Scissor Kicks||3 Sets of 12 Reps (Each Leg)|
|Bicycle Crunches||4 Sets of 15-20 Reps (Each Side)|
|Hanging Crunches||3 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Hip Thrusts (Light Weight)||3 Sets of 15 Reps|
|Planks||3 Sets of 60 seconds|
Do the following circuit with resting for 30-40 seconds after each set:
|Exercises||Sets and Repetitions|
|Crunches||4 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Burpees||3 Sets of 12-15 Reps|
|Reverse Crunches||4 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Leg Raise||3 Sets of 20 Reps|
|Pilates Scissor Kicks||3 Sets of 15 Reps (Each Leg)|
|Bicycle Crunches||4 Sets of 20 Reps (Each Side)|
|Hanging Crunches||4 Sets of 10 Reps|
|Hip Thrusts (Barbell Weight)||3 Sets of 10-12 Reps|
|Planks||3 Sets of 90 seconds|
Do the following circuit with resting for 30 seconds after each set:
|Exercise||Sets and Repetitions|
|Crunches||4 Sets of 15 Reps
|Burpees||3 Sets of 15 Reps
|Reverse Crunches||4 Sets of 15 Reps
|Leg Raise||4 Sets of 20 Reps
|Pilates Scissor Kicks||4 Sets of 12-15 Reps (Each Leg)
|Bicycle Crunches||4 Sets of 20 Reps (Each Side)
|Hanging Crunches||4 Sets of 12-15 Reps
|Hip Thrusts (Barbell Weight)||4 Sets of 10-12 Reps
|Planks||4 Sets of 90 seconds|
We have tested the above-mentioned FUPA workout plan over both male and female trainees and found satisfying results after 30 days. Although it’s not easy to get rid of pubic fat, however, this guide will definitely prove you wrong by flattening your genitalia.
Always remember, to lose weight from any of your body parts – you must cut off processed food, and simple carbs and eat large meals late at night.
Perform strength exercises followed by short sessions of intense cardio, it will boost metabolism and enhance the calorie-burning process along with strengthening muscle tissues.
In short – you can lose a fupa in a month by engaging and strengthening your lower abdomen. It may take a bit longer for some people, due to genetics!
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
What exercise burns the FUPA?
The following exercises burn the FUPA fat fast:
- Reverse crunches
- Leg raise
- Forearms planks
- Pilate scissor
- Hip thrust
- Bicycle crunches
How do I lose my FUPA in a month?
You can lose your FUPA in a month by following a whole-food healthy diet, eating more greens, proteins and fiber, and exercising regularly. To target fupa fat particularly, you can perform workouts that engage the lower abdomen such as reverse crunches, pilate scissors, hip thrust, bicycle crunches, burpees, and forearm planks.
How long does it take to lose FUPA?
Generally, FUPA fat is stubborn in most cases and it can take longer than expected to lose it. Usually, it takes around 1 to 2 months to lose it by following a strict diet plan and workouts that make the muscles strong around the pubic area.